Visit your doctor when you are suffering from painful joint conditions like arthritis and they’ll probably prescribe a course of anti-inflammatory drugs and give you a few painkillers at the same time. If you want to take a natural approach to pain relief though you might want to try one of the following remedies to experience a little comfort.
- Have a massage: A massage is fabulous for health and wellbeing, it stimulates blood circulation and targets problem areas in the body. Have a holistic massage and ease away the pain as you lay on a treatment table, you’ll feel wonderfully revitalised afterwards.
- Try heat therapies: Intense heat is great for painful joint conditions so spend time in a steam room or try an infa-red sauna instead. You’ll notice the pain start to go as heat radiates over the target area and this should ease stiffness in the joints.
- Put ice on the problem: Cold treatments are equally as effective for joint conditions. Stick an ice pack on the pain or grab a bag of peas out of the freezer, wrap them in a tea towel and place them on the problem area.
- Take a dip: Swimming is a brilliant form of exercise and the movement will help to maintain flexibility in your joints. You’ll feel fitter, get a good workout and ease stiffness at the same time if you visit your local pool as often as you can.
- Lose weight: If you are little overweight change your diet because that excess baggage could be putting strain on your joints. Look at healthier eating options and you’ll be more mobile and reduce stress on your hips and legs.
- Use acupuncture: This ancient medical procedure has been used to relieve joint pain for thousands of years. If you haven’t tried acupuncture before give it a go, you’ve nothing to lose and everything to gain!